I recently saw someone post this recipe in a blog and I was so tempted to try it out. Today, being my birthday I wanted to prepare something super quick for dessert and so I gave it a try… and it was sooper yummy. It is super quick to make, about 70 seconds in the microwave and very easy to make too. So, if you have a microwave then definitely try this out… an instant cake ready in less than 2 minutes.
Preparation time: under 2 mins
All-purpose flour/maida – ¼ cup
Sugar – 2-3 tbsp (depending on your liking)
Cocoa powder, unsweetened – 2 tbsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp, optional
Biscuit crumbs – 1 biscuit, optional
Milk – ¼ cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt so that there are no lumps.
- Then add the milk, vanilla essence and oil and whisk well.
- Take a microwave-safe mug/cup and dust it with little cocoa powder. Add half the amount of the cake batter, top it with biscuit crumbs and add the remaining batter. Take a long mug, or else the batter will spill out.
- Add some cocoa powder on top if desired.
- Microwave it for about 60-80 seconds (depending on your microwave and its power etc) or until the cake is just finished (make sure not to burn it, it burns super quickly).
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve it as it is!!