‘Halwa’ is a very popular Indian dessert that is very quick and easy to prepare. Today, I share the recipe for Beetroot halwa. This is very popular in our home and I make this when I need some instant dessert.
Cooking time: 20 mins
Beetroot, grated – 1 cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Milk – ¼ cup
Ghee/butter – 2 tbsp
Slivered nuts (almonds, pistachios) – 1 tbsp
- Heat ghee/butter in a pan and add the grated beetroot. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and milk, combine well and fry for another 5 minutes or until the mixture becomes dry and color turns darker.
- Add the nuts and remove from heat. Top with more nuts. Serve hot!!
- The same recipe works well with carrot, bottle gourd, pineapple etc.
- Adjust the sugar as per your liking.