Cabbage raita is a very quick dip for any parathas or biryani and pulao. It is packed with fibre and also low in calories. The addition of dry mango powder and cumin gives it a nice tangy flavor and goes well especially with sour curd/butter milk.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cabbage – ½ cup, shredded
Dahi/curd – 1 cup, beaten well
Salt – to taste
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Amchur/dry mango powder – 1 tsp
Green chili – 2 (very finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Red chili powder – ½ tsp, optional
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (very finely chopped)
Dry red chili – 2
Oil – 1 tsp
- In a bowl, mix together the curd, cumin powder, red chili powder, amchur powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil and once hot add the dry red chili, ginger, green chili and cabbage. Fry on medium-high heat till the cabbage is almost cooked but not completely. It should have the crunch.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the cabbage to the curd along with coriander leaves and give a good mix.
- Serve with some garnish of raw cabbage. This goes well with any parathas or biryani.