Chilli cheese toast is bread that is toasted with cheese and chili for a golden perfection. Often, vegetables like capsicum (bell pepper) and sweet corn are added for a colorful combination. You can add any vegetables of your liking for the topping. You can use your favorite cheese like mozzarella, cheddar, amul cheese slices. I prefer mozzarella for this recipe.
This is a healthy breakfast recipe. You can even serve it up like a snack for kids by topping up with lots of wonderful vegetables.
I normally use brown bread for this recipe, you can use white, multi grain or any other bread of your liking. Pair it up with a nutritious juice or smoothie like mango banana cooler, watermelon juice and it will keep you going all through the day.
Since, this is mango season I served this with sweet juicy mango. You can do the same and add any seasonal fruit to go with this.
For more healthy breakfast options, check my link — breakfast recipes
Makes: 6 bread toasts
Cooking time: 10 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cheese, grated – ½ cup (may use mozzarella, pizza cheese, cheddar, amul cheese slices)
Bread – 6 slices
Sweet corn or corn kernels – 2 tbsp (may use fresh or frozen)
Capsicum or bell pepper – 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Green chili – 1 (very finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (very finely chopped)
Oil or butter – 1 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
- Take the cheese and into it, add the sweet corn, capsicum, chili, coriander, salt and pepper. Give a good mix. Our cheese mixture is ready.
- Heat a tawa or flat pan, grease some butter and toast the bread slices until they turn light golden on both sides.
- Cut each toasted bread slice diagonally so that you have 2 triangular slices from each slice.
- On one side of each triangular slice, apply the prepared cheese mixture and place it on the tawa.
- Sprinkle tsp water on the tawa and immediately cover the tawa with a lid. This will make sure the steam stays inside for the cheese to melt.
- Prepare all the slices in this manner and transfer to a serving plate.
Serve this delicious and colorful bread toast with any fruit, juice or smoothie! For more healthy juices, check out my link — strawberry banana smoothie, strawberry milk shake, chocolate cake smoothie.