Most of you are already aware that I am a pizza fanatic 😛
I have shared a lot of pizza recipes already of which my Christmas tree pizza, garlic bread crust pizza, thin crust pizza, stove-top pizza were tried by many of you. I also have shared my homemade pizza sauce recipe which is super easy and tastes delicious.
Today, under pizza recipes for kids, I share my easy and simple recipe – coin pizza. This is a pan pizza where I have not used my oven but instead made it using gas stove on a tawa or pan. For this recipe, I have used store-bought pizza base, but you may check my homemade pizza dough recipe if you want to make it from scratch.
For more pizza recipes, check my link here.
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
Store-bought pizza base – 6 (you may check my pizza dough recipe here)
Capsicum, corn, onion, tomato, olives – 1/4 cup, combined
Cheese – ½ cup (I used shredded mozzarella)
Salt – a pinch
Pepper – a pinch
Olive oil/vegetable oil – 1 tsp
Red chili flakes – 1 tsp, topping
Dry herbs – 1 tsp, topping
Pizza sauce – ½ cup (you may check my homemade pizza sauce recipe here)
- Take a tawa or pan with a flat bottom and heat it on the stove on medium-low heat.
- Apply little oil on the pan and heat the pizza bases on both sides till they turn into light golden color. Transfer onto a plate.
- Take one base at a time, apply desired pizza sauce on it.
- Spread the cheese over it and sprinkle your favorite toppings. On this, sprinkle some salt and pepper, which is optional.
- Place this on the pan at lowest heat possible, sprinkle few drops of water on the tawa and immediately cover the pizza with a high-top lid. Cook till the cheese melts.
- Repeat the same for all the pizza.
- Sprinkle some red chili flakes and Italian dry herbs for an extra flavor.
- Serve hot!!
- You can check my homemade pizza dough recipe for making the base.
- Since this procedure does not have direct heat from the top, do not use any topping ingredients that cannot be eaten raw, like meat (for non-vegetarians) or raw vegetables.
- Make sure you cook the pizza in low flame initially as this will prevent it burning and ensures the pizza is cooked from the inside.