Egg muffins make for a healthy breakfast option. It is filled with a healthy vegetable stuffing too and the best part is you can add the ingredients as per your liking and preference. I like them to serve with toasted bread and juice.
It is a great weekend breakfast option and even makes for a quick snack. For other breakfast option check my recipes here – Breakfast recipes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 18-20 mins
Eggs – 2
Potato/aloo – 2, medium (boiled, peeled and mashed)
Spring onion/regular onion – 1/8 cup
Tomato – 1, small
Green chili – 1 (very finely chopped)
Corn kernels – 1 tbsp, optional
Mutter/green peas – 1 tbsp, optional
Vinegar/lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Pepper powder – to taste
Dill leaves/coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (to garnish)
Oil/butter – to grease the baking bowls
Oil/butter – 1 tsp
- Whisk the beaten eggs along with salt and pepper to taste till well combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil or butter in a pan and add the green chili and spring onion. Fry till the onion changes color slightly.
- Add the green peas and corn. Fry for another few seconds.
- Add the tomato, mashed potato and salt to taste. Fry for another minute till all flavors are well combined. Add vinegar, give a stir and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Grease the muffin pan/baking bowls/katoris with oil or butter.
- Place 1/3rd of the potato mixture in each bowl. On this, pour 1/3rd of the beaten egg in each bowl. Top with finely chopped dill or coriander leaves.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 18-20 minutes or until the top turns into a slight golden brown color and when shaken the egg feels stiff in the bowl.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 2 minutes and eat warm. This goes well for breakfast with toasted bread and juice/milk on the side. Also, use ketchup as a dip.