Cooking time: 10 mins
Preparation time: overnight
Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans – 1 cup
Sesame seeds – ¼ cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Chilly paprika – 1 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera powder – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
Water – as required
- Soak chickpeas/garbanzo beans in water and leave it overnight.
- Pressure the soaked chickpeas with a pinch of salt till they are cooked well.
- Dry roast sesame seeds till they turn golden in color.
- Blend this sesame into fine powder.
- To this add the cooked chickpeas, salt, cumin powder, chilly paprika, lemon juice, coriander leaves, oil.
- Blend it into a smooth paste by adding water as required to get a dipping consistency.
- Serve it as a side with sandwiches, bread etc.
I sprinkled some pepper powder over the hummus before serving which is totally optional.