Continuing with my 4th post for the #healthydosa marathon, today I share my favorite recipe – Instant Oats dosa. This is very tasty, another instant recipe that needs no fermentation and also turns out to be super crisp and doesn’t need much oil for preparing.
Makes: 10 dosa
Cooking time: 15 mins
Soaking time: 30 mins
Quick cooking oats – 1.5 cups ( I used saffola oats)
Semolina or sooji or upma rava – ½ cup
Wheat flour – ¼ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Sour curd or buttermilk – ½ cup (adjust water accordingly to form batter)
Cumin seeds or jeera – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (very finely chopped)
Red chili powder – ½ tsp, optional
Salt – to taste
- Blend the oats into a smooth powder.
- To that, add the sooji, wheat flour, rice flour, salt, buttermilk and enough water. Blend to combine together, adjust water as per the dosa batter consistency required.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the chili powder, coriander and cumin seeds. Combine well.
- Prepare dosa like you make regular dosa. These turn out super crisp when cooked only on one side.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.