|Serves: 2||Cooking time: 25 mins|
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Onion – 1 medium (chopped into thin strips)
Jeera – 3-4 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1
Oil – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil, and add jeera and bay leaf. Fry for a minute.
- Add the onion, garam masala and fry till the onion is almost brown in color. Be careful not to burn the onion.
- After the onions are fried, add the washed rice and fry for another min or so. Add salt and mix well.
- Add the water and cook till the rice is done. Serve hot with palak paneer.