Mango rice or mamidikaya pulihora is a very quick, easy and flavorful rice recipe that is a perfect lunch-box option. It can be prepared very quickly and comes handy during those busy and hectic weekdays when you want something super quick for your lunch-box.
|Serves: 1||Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Rice – 1 cup (cooked)
Raw Mango – ½ cup (grated, if slightly sweet, use 1 cup)
Chana dal – 1 tbsp
Urad dal – 2 tbsp
Whole red chilli – 1 tbsp
Green chilli – 4 (slit lengthwise)
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 2 tbsp
Hing/asafoetida – 1 tsp
Peanuts/groundnuts – ¼ cup (optional)
Cashew nuts – 1 tbsp (optional)
Curry leaves – ¼ cup
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and add the chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, turmeric and whole red chilli. Let the dal become nice and golden.
- Then add the peanuts, cashew, hing, curry leaves, green chilli and fry for a minute.
- Then add the grated mango and salt and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and stir well.
- Mango rice is ready to be served.