|Serves: 2||Cooking time: 40 mins|
Soya flour – ½ cup (may use maida instead)
Corn flour/corn starch – 2 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Red chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Kasoori methi/dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Cumin/jeera powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Water – for thick batter
Gobi/cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Green chilli – 4 (slit lengthwise)
Curry leaves – 5-6
Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Garlic cloves – 4-5 (finely chopped)
Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients under ‘for marination’ to form a medium thick batter.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets in hot water for about 1 minute so that it becomes clean.
- Drain the water and mix the florets in the prepared marination. Let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take a baking plate and line it with aluminum foil. Spray oil over it.
- Place the florets evenly on the sheet and spray oil over them. Put it in an oven pre-heated to 200° C for 30-40 minutes.
- Then grill it for about 5-10 minutes till a nice brown color appears.
- Remove the florets from the oven and prepare the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, onion, curry leaves and green chilli. Let them fry till oil separates.
- Then add the red chilli sauce, soy sauce and salt (soy sauce has some salt, so be careful).
- Let it fry for about 1-2 minutes, then add the grilled florets and toss well.
- Once combined, remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.