This, being a festive season, I made these simple and quick ladoo recipe a while ago and they turned out super delicious. These peanut and oats ladoo have a healthy and tasty combination of protein rich peanuts(groundnuts) and fibre rich oats along with jaggery(gud) that is high on iron.
I normally don’t make sweets often at home as both me and hubby are not sweet-toothed 🙂 But whenever I am in the mood for one, I prefer preparing sweets that consume less ghee and sugar. So, this peanut and oats ladoo satisfied both my needs with no compromise on taste. Peanuts by themselves give a lovely taste when used in any recipe. So, this recipe works really well for someone who wants a healthy quick sweet bite 😀
So, do make this ladoo at home. I would love to hear how it turns out for you 🙂
Cooking time: 5 mins
Preparation time: 15 mins
Peanuts or groundnuts – ½ cup
Oats – ½ cup
Jaggery or gud or gul – ¼ cup, grated
Cashew, raisins(kismis) – 1 tbsp
Cardamom or elaichi powder – 1/8 tsp
Ghee or clarified butter – 2 tbsp, melted
- In a dry pan, roast the peanuts until they turn golden in color. Set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, roast the oats lightly till they give a wonderful toasted aroma. Set aside to cool.
- Now add 1 tsp ghee to the pan and fry the cashew and raisins. Set them aside.
- Once the peanuts and oats reach room temperature, blend them separately into smooth powders.
- In a large bowl, add these powders, cardamom powder, fried cashew and raisins, grated jaggery and the remaining ghee(heat it just before mixing). Mix well until the jaggery is well incorporated.
- Prepare ladoo out of this mixture by making balls for the size you prefer.
- Top each ladoo with a cashew.
- Enjoy !!
- It is important to add hot ghee to the mixture before making ladoo. If the mixture is not warm it will be difficult to prepare ladoo.
- Ghee is highly recommended for this recipe, though butter is fine too.