I have seen several websites for a perfect pizza dough and finally sharing one here that I found pretty simple.
|Serves: 2||Preparation time: 1 hour|
All-purpose flour/maida – 1.5 cups
Active dry Yeast – 1 tsp
Water – to knead the dough
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Butter/Oil – 2 tbsp
- Microwave/heat the water until it is just warm. It should not be hot as this will kill the yeast. When you place your finger in the water the heat should be bearable.
- Add the dry yeast and sugar to the water, combine well and leave aside for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the yeast will activate and will become creamy kind-of.
- Now to the all-purpose flour, add the salt, oil and mix well.
- Adding the yeast liquid a portion at a time to the flour, knead it into smooth and soft dough.
- Take a vessel, spray oil in it and place the dough in it.
- Spray oil on the dough as well and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Cover it with an air-tight lid and let it rest in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, the dough will double in size and it is ready to be used for your pizzas, calzones etc.