|Serves: 4||Cooking time: 20 mins|
Toamto – 5-6 (roughly chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 cup (roughly chopped)
Green chilli – 6-7 (roughly chopped)
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 tbsp
Hing/asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the tomato, coriander and green chilli along with a pinch of salt.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- For garnish, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and hing.
- Let the seeds splutter and then remove from heat, keep aside.
- Blend the tomato mixture into a coarse paste. Add some water and salt to taste, if needed.
- Finally add the garnish and serve as side dish with dosas, idly or even rice.