|Serves: 2||Preparation time: 30 minsCooking time: 20 mins|
Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Green cardamom – 2-3
Garlic – 4-5 (finely chopped)
Carrot – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Cabbage – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Capsicum – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Mutter/peas – ¼ cup (frozen)
Peppercorns – 5-6
Pepper powder – 2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Red chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soak rice in 1.5 cups water for 30 minutes. Drain the water and pressure cook till completely cooked.
- Add required salt, 1 tsp oil, 5-6 peppercorns, lemon juice and cardamom while cooking the rice.
- Once rice is cooked let it cool completely and using a fork mix it once so that the rice grains separate well.
- In a wok, heat some oil on a high flame. The entire cooking must be done on high flame only.
- When the oil is hot quickly add garlic, carrot, cabbage, capsicum, peas and stir well for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pepper powder and red chilli sauce and give it a stir.
- Add the soy sauce and stir for about a minute. Then add the cooked rice and stir well.
- Add some soy sauce if required, else remove from heat and serve hot with either gobi 65 or chilli paneer.
I did not use spring onions as I was not having them, but if you have do add it as a garnish.