Tortillas – 8 (check my recipe) Serving: 2
For filling Preparation time: 1 hour
Capsicum – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Cooking time: 20 mins
Corn kernels – ½ cup (boiled)
Green chilli – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
For onion mix
Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
For black beans paste
Black beans/rajma – ½ cup (boiled)
Salt – to taste
Salsa – 1 cup (check my recipe)
Cheese – 1 cup (mozzarella, grated)
Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Place the ingredients under ‘for black beans paste’ in a blender and grind it into a smooth paste. The consistency should be slightly thin so that you can spread it on the tortillas later.
- To make the filling, fry the capsicum with 1 tsp oil and add the boiled corn and green chilli to it. Once the rawness disappears add the salt and remove from heat.
- In another vessel, take the finely chopped onion, squeeze the lemon juice over it, mix well and keep aside.
- Cook one side of all the tortillas on a pan with some oil till they are brown. Do not cook the other side.
- Now, place one tortilla with brown side up on the pan and spread the black bean paste, capsicum filling, onion mix and cheese over the entire tortilla. Sprinkle a little black pepper powder.
- Now, place a second tortilla over the filling with brown side facing the filling.
- Heat it till the cheese melts and then, flip and cook for few minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat the process with the remaining tortillas as well.
- Serve hot with guacamole, salsa and sour cream on the side.