Here is another yummy pizza entirely unique from the regular savory ones. This is a dessert pizza with all the goodness of nuts and fruits. The pizza base is made with healthy nuts- walnuts, badam, dates etc and topped with fruits. You may use any nuts and fruits of your choice. This is a very simple and quick dessert made in 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 30 mins
For pizza base
Dates – 2 (deseeded)
Walnuts – 4
Almonds – 10
Crackers/biscuits – 2 big (I used Marie gold biscuit)
Honey – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 2 drops
Frosting – 3 tbsp (Vanilla or chocolate, any of your choice) – I used store-bought
Walnuts, almonds, cranberry – 1 tbsp (for garnish)
Sapota/chickoo/sapodilla/zapota – 1 small (thinly sliced, you may use any fruit)
Grated coconut – 1 tsp (optional)
- To make the pizza base, blend together the walnuts, dates, almonds, biscuits under ‘for pizza base’ into a coarse powder.
- Add vanilla essence and honey to this and make 3 small balls.
- Press them slightly between your palms to shape them into cutlets.
- Grease an idly plate with butter or oil and place these cutlet shaped pizza bases one in each idly base.
- Refrigerate the idly plate for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from plate, spread the frosting on the base and top it with chickoo and nuts.
- You may also sprinkle coconut on the top.
- Mini pizza with a nutty and chocolaty twist is ready!!
- If the base falls apart while shaping them, add little bit of honey or dates and it will hold together. Alternately refrigerate it for 5 minutes and then shape them.
- The frosting need not be chocolate only. You may use any frosting. You may also use any glaze/peanut butter if you would like to.
- I had only chickoo at home, but you may use strawberry, watermelon, mango, apple, berries, whatever you have readily at home.