I love trying different kinds of desserts with fruits available at home. I usually experiment with bananas, apples, mango and pineapple a lot. Today I wanted to have banana after lunch and decided to give it a small make-up. So made a quick and easy dessert that came out quite nice. Had some ice-cream at home and it was a good combo.
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ripe bananas – 2 (big) (I cut each banana into 4 big pieces)
Brown sugar – ½ cup
Butter – 2 tbsp
Vanilla extract – ¼ tsp
Cornflakes – ½ cup (I used cereal cornflakes, plain)
Ice cream – 2 dollops (any flavor) (I used chocolate)
- Grind the cornflakes into a coarse powder. Make sure to leave few big chunks of cornflakes to get a nutty texture.
- Heat butter in a small pan and add the brown sugar and vanilla essence to it. Keep stirring it so that the sugar doesn’t burn.
- Once the sugar has caramelized, add the bananas and give a quick stir so that the sugar is well coated to the bananas.
- Switch off the heat and immediately place each caramelized banana piece in the coarse cornflake mixture. Let the cornflakes coat the bananas well on all sides.
- Serve the caramelized banana with ice-cream of your choice.
- You may add white sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract is optional.