Sharing a highly loved finger-food today – Crisp-fried Baby corn. Finger-food is perfect for parties and when guests or friends are at home. Last week I shared my Tofu tikka with basil pesto which many of you have liked. So, moving forward with that category of food, I share today my version of fried baby corn. But make sure to serve this hot, tastes best when served immediately after frying.
Cooking time: 15 mins
Baby corn – 10-15 (blanched in hot water for 10 minutes)
Besan flour/chick-pea flour/Corn meal/makai ka atta – ¼ cup (I used cornmeal)
Corn flour/corn starch – 1 tsp
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/2 cup approximately
Garlic powder/paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Cut the blanched baby corn vertically into 2 pieces. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, corn starch, rice flour, garlic powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, baking powder, salt and water. Combine well; you should get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Dip the baby corns in the prepared batter and coat them well.
- Deep-fry the baby corns in oil until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to a kitchen cloth to remove any excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup.