We all love burgers and sandwiches. They make for a quick bite and a variation from the regular meal options. But, regular store-bought patties often are loaded with lots of starch and are high in calories. Also, most of them need to be deep-fried which is not a very healthy option too. So, why not try something healthy right in your kitchen??
These oats patties are truely divine. My husband says these are the damn best patties in the whole world and when he says it, he REALLY means it 🙂 These patties are healthy, made with oats and carrots, high in fibre and low-calorie too. Best thing? these are not even deep-fried, so try them out this weekend and let me know how you like them 🙂
Makes: 4 patties
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Unflavored oats – ¼ cup (blended to a fine powder)
Whole wheat/multi-grain flour – ¼ cup
Raw Carrots – 3, medium (blended to a fine paste)
Onion – 1, small (finely chopped)
Capsicum/green bell pepper – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Corn kernels + green peas/mutter – 1/8 cup (cooked, finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (very finely chopped)
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Amchur/dry mango powder – 1 tsp
Green chili – 1 (very finely chopped)
Garlic powder – ½ tsp (may use paste as well)
Chat masala powder – ¼ tsp, optional
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp(for patty) + 1 tbsp(for frying), divided
- Mix all the ingredients along with 1 tsp oil in a mixing bowl. Combine well till all the flavors are well combined.
- You should get a mixture that has the right consistency for making patties out of it. If the mixture is too sticky, add more wheat flour. If it is too dry, add a tsp of milk/water at a time and combine till you get the right consistency.
- Make 4 balls out of it. Flatten each ball into a patty/cutlet shape and set aside.
- Heat tsp oil on a tawa/flat pan and fry the patties on a medium-low heat till they turn golden brown in color on both sides. Add tsp oil on the edges while they fry.
- Remove and use them for burgers or sandwiches or you may serve as is like a snack.
- These are healthy, low-calorie and high-fibre patties that taste super delicious!!