I love banana cake or banana bread, especially if it is moist. Actually I do not like recipes that have mashed bananas in them. So, I avoided tasting banana cake for many years, but when I did I simply fell in love with it 🙂
Makes: 10 large pieces
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 40-50 mins
Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups
Semolina/suji – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Brown/ordinary sugar – 1 cup
Nuts – 2 tbsp (cranberry, walnuts, almonds, finely chopped, optional)
Flax seed powder – 2 tbsp (optional)
Yogurt/buttermilk – ½ cup
Milk – ¼ cup
Oil/butter – ¼ cup
Ripe bananas – 3 (mashed)
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Combine all the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and keep folding the batter gently.
- Grease a cake tin with oil/butter and also spray little flour in it so that the cake doesn’t stick.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and tap it gently.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let it cool and transfer to a serving plate.