Tired of eating the regular idly and uttappams for breakfast? Want to try something hatke.. (different). Well, try this mini uttappam pizza and you will love them!! I really enjoyed them for breakfast today morning. I had some leftover idly batter, so I made this and it was lovely. It was quick to make, little cooking and great flavors. Do try this over a weekend and you will enjoy them
Makes: 6 small
Preparation time: 20 mins
Uttappam/Idly batter – 3 cups
Pizza/pasta/tomato sauce – ¾ cups
Pizza toppings – ¼ cups each (onion, capsicum, tomato, olives – finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Mozzarella cheese – ¼ cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat a tawa/griddle and grease it slightly with oil.
- Pour about ¼ to ½ cup of uttappam batter on it and roast it till golden brown on each side.
- On one side, add 2 tbsp of pizza sauce and spread it carefully so that it doesn’t fall from the edges.
- Sprinkle all the toppings, cheese, coriander leaves and also a pinch of pepper powder.
- Cook covered for a few seconds till the cheese melts.
- Remove and serve when hot.