The weather is just starting to get chilly outside and I am so so soooo much in the mood to sit in some cozy corner of the house sipping onto a bowl full of hot soup. It rejuvenates me and this is the time when I really crave for foods that can be made in a jiffy, the best one that fits this category is SOUPS 🙂
Here, I am sharing a healthy tomato soup that is freshened up with a touch of mint. You may add cream to make it creamy and silky smooth, you may also add some beets or any starchy food to make it heavier. Since, I made this for dinner I avoided any calorie-increasing ingredients in this. Well, try it out and let me know how it comes!! 🙂 🙂
Also, don’t forget to check my Tomato and Beetroot soup which I posted earlier.
Cooking time: 20 mins
Tomato – 4, large (roughly chopped)
Mint leaves – ¼ cup (loosely packed)
Carrot – 1, medium (optional)
Onion – 1, small (roughly chopped)
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Bay leaf – 2
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Pepper powder – as required
Mint leaves – to garnish
- Take tomato, carrot, onion, bay leaf, mint leaves, peppercorns and 3-4 cups water in a bowl and pressure cook for about 3 whistles. Alternately you may cook the vegetables in a saucepan on stove-top.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool.
- Discard the bay leaf and blend the vegetables along with its water to get a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin powder. Then, add the blended puree and cook till it comes to one boil. At this point, you may add more water if required.
- Remove from heat and serve hot. Garnish with mint leaves and some salt and pepper if needed.